LWMLThe Lutheran Women’s Missionary League
T he Lutheran Women’s Missionary League (LWML) is the official women’s auxiliary of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod. For almost 75 years, the LWML has focused on affirming each woman’s relationship with Christ, encouraging and equipping women to live out their Christian lives in active mission ministries and to support global missions.
LWML Mission Statement: The mission of the Lutheran Women’s Missionary League is to assist each woman of The Lutheran Church—Missouri Synod in affirming her relationship with the Triune God so that she is enabled to use her gifts in ministry to the people of the world.
The Lutheran Women’s Missionary League (LWML) is one of the many mission outreaches of Trinity Lutheran Church. The group has monthly meetings, and sponsors a variety of activities every year to help raise funds for missions locally, nationally, and globally.
Recent LWML activities and programs at Trinity include the following:
- Mite Boxes are collected throughout the year to help fund local, national, and global missionary projects.
- Baby quilts are sewed and distributed through Lutheran Social Services’ New Life Center in Uniondale, and a care center in Islandia.
- Food Drives are held several times each year to distribute canned food, fresh fruit and vegetables to the needy within our church and community.
- Portals of Prayer booklets are collected and given to a local prison ministry for use in a juvenile detention center.
- Hospice Kits and Birthing Kits are gathered, packaged, and sent to global healthministries.
- Layette Kits are made and sent to Lutheran World Relief for distribition in Africa.
- Christmas gifts are collected and sent to the Seafarers and International House in New York, for distribution to sailors visiting New York harbor.
- Annual Garage and Bake Sales to defray the cost of these projects, and to help fund the Lutheran Association of Missionary Pilots (LAMP) in Alaska and the Christian Appalachian Project in Kentucky.
For further information about Trinity’s LWML, leave a message for Helen Peter at the church office (516-931-2225).
And God is able to make all grace abound to you, so that having all sufficiency in all things at all times, you may abound in every good work.2 Corinthians 9:8